The Highland Rim Scottish Society
Welcome to the website of the Highland Rim Scottish Society. The Society was formed in November of 1995 when the first meeting was held. We are based in Southern Middle Tennessee yet have members throughout the south. The HRSS is a Federally-recognized 501(c)(3) non-profit educational organization, governed by a Board of Directors elected from the membership at large, and an Executive Committee elected from the Board of Directors.
Our goal is to promote and preserve Scottish culture and heritage by providing the residents of Tennessee's Highland Rim with the opportunity to experience the culture, history, arts, music, great food -- all things Scot!
- Encourage interest in and promote education about the culture, history, heritage, traditions, and arts of Scotland and Scottish Americans.
- Sponsor Society gatherings and make grants from the Society's funds toward expenses so incurred.
- Administer money and property given or bequeathed to or acquired by the Society for general, specific, or benevolent purposes.
Events and Functions
Join us in events throughout the year! Also check out our the events tab to RSVP for events and let us know you are attending!
Piping on the Green
Our annual Scottish Music and Craft Festival.
Many of our members attend the Games and some attend together!
An iconic event celebrated world wide! We host a Burns Dinner annually!
Scottish Scran, the Single Malt Club, Chili Cook off and more! We try to get together as much as we can!
Famous Scots Dinner
Another annual event we do for our members. The society votes and celebrates one of the many famous Scots!
The 3rd Tuesday of the odd months we get together to talk about different subjects and provide updates on what we are working on.
Highland Rim Scottish Society Executive Board
The General Membership Meetings of the HRSS are held every odd month (Jan, Mar, etc.) at 6:00pm CDT at The Celtic Cup Coffee House at 106 N. Anderson Street in Tullahoma, TN. These meetings include a brief business meeting followed by a program of interest to the members. We usually conclude around 8:00pm.
The HRSS Board Meetings are held every even month (Feb, Apr, etc.) at 6:00pm CDT at The Celtic Cup Coffee House.
Use the link below for paying membership dues! Individual $11.00 Family 16.00
1 / References for non-members
- All official information about the Highland Rim Scottish Society is found here on our official website!
- Our Facebook page allows all with a general interest in our society to have a voice and connect with our community.
2 / Additional benefits for members
- The Sporran is a members-only newsletter that recaps events and previews events upcoming events.
- We also have our own discord where members can chat about multiple topics and events.
3 / Events and Meetings
- Check out the events page and RSVP to let us know we can expect to see you!